The success of an organization hinges on the quality of its leaders. The Leadership Development program prepares current and future leaders to excel in today’s workplace. It will provide you with skills that make the greatest impact in your career and in your community.
Courses are led by experienced business professionals with proven success in leading initiatives in change management, quality improvement, communication, organizational communication and effectiveness, and human resource development.
The program is offered with flexible delivery methods, including online options, to suit your learning style and schedule. Embedded in this associate’s degree, you will earn the Leadership Supervision Professional and Leadership Essentials technical diplomas.
Estimated Program Cost
This program will cost about $9,700* based on tuition and basic program fees. There may be additional fees for books, materials, and testing. For more information on tuition costs, visit the Tuition Page.
* Tuition and fees are subject to change.
Leadership Development 2020-2021 Graduation Employment Stats
|Employed in Related Occupation||10|
|Employed in Non-related Occupations||0|
|Not in Labor Market||0|
Salary Data - Related Employment
|Part Time||Full Time|
|Average Hours Per Week||45|
|Median Hourly Wage||$25.00|
|Hourly Wage Range||$20.80-$51.29|
|Median Annual Salary||$58,971|
Respondents in Related Occupations
- Corporate Sales Executive, Director of Operations, Facility Operations Supervisor, Lead Patient Service Specialist, Material Handler, Operations Manager, Production Manager, Senior Account Manager, Supervisor
- Living responsibly
- Refining professionalism
- Cultivating passion
- Manage employees and participate in a team environment
- Apply continuous improvement strategies to the supervision process
- Manage processes and systems to maximize organizational productivity and quality
- Ensure legal compliance to all laws regarding employer/employee relationships and safety
- Evaluate employee performance
- Facilitate change in an organization
- Apply ethical standards to the workplace
- Utilize quality strategies and tactics
- Apply effective leadership skills
- Apply Human Resource policies and procedures
- Perform supervisory management functions to achieve organizational objectives
Software and Technology
Most of Western’s classes require the use of a personal computer or laptop, standard software, internet access, and other technology-related items.
If you do not have a personal computer or laptop, or if the one you have does not meet the following criteria, resources may be available. Submit a Student Resource Request using our online form.
- Smartphones are not recommended for completing assignments.
- Chromebooks are not recommended due to issues with installing software that is needed for classes, such as Office 365.
- Web camera with microphone (usually built into newer laptops or can be purchased separately) is necessary for online participation.
- Western uses the Blackboard Learning Management System. Some courses may use Zoom or Microsoft Teams to meet and work virtually. Visit our website for guidance on how to access and use these tools.
- Office 365 (available to download for free once you have a student email)
- Recommended web browsers: Chrome or Firefox
For detailed specifications, please review Technology and Software Recommendations for Most Classes on Western’s IT Knowledgebase.
- Western has several computer labs available. Visit our website to find open hours and locations on the La Crosse campus. Or find information on how to access resources on our Regional Locations web page.
- The Learning Commons has computers, webcams, and microphones available for in-house use. Our librarians recommend checking your local public library for computer access on the weekends. Staff members can also provide information on free, off-campus Wi-Fi spots. Contact them at LearningCommons@westerntc.edu or call 608-785-9198.
- Contact the Learning Commons! The staff are happy to answer questions, provide individualized assistance, and direct you to other supports as needed.