CCAF General Education Mobile (GEM) at Western
Western Technical College is proud to partner with the Community College of the Air Force to help Airmen complete their CCAF Degree's General Education requirements.
Participating in the General Education Mobile (GEM) enables students to complete up to 15 credits at Western that transfer toward the general education requirements of their CCAF degree providing greater educational continuity and faster completion of an airman's associate's degree.
Airmen must develop a CCAF education goal in the Air Force Virtual Education Center (AFVEC) and request Tuition Assistance (TA).
Why Western Technical College?
- Quality online courses meeting CCAF standards and degree completion requirements.
- Small college that provides one-on-one assistance and advising to all students, not just the ones on campus.
- Award prior learning credit for learning gained through military experiences and years of service.
- Offer AAS programs that can be completed beyond your CCAF degree!
Steps to Enroll
- Fill out Western's GEM application - No application fee required.
- Review approved GEM courses (see below) and develop your plan in the AFVEC.
- Review tuition costs.
- Contact Veteran Military Center to schedule admission assessment testing and request a fee waiver: email@example.com or 608-785-9091.
- Once you are accepted and have a student ID, you can register via MyWestern.
- Submit Federal Tuition Request via the AFVEC.
Search our online database for classes by keywords, program, credit or non-credit.
For example, if you're looking for available math classes, type "math" as the keyword, select "Credit" under the Program drop-down menu, and "General Education" under the College drop-down menu.
Approved GEM Courses
- 10801198 Speech
- 10801196 Oral/Interpersonal Communication
- 20810201 Fundamentals of Speech
- 10801195 Written Communication
- 20801201 English I
- 20804240 Basic Statistics
- 10809196 Introduction to Sociology
- 20809203 Principles of Sociology
- 10809195 Economics
- 10809172 Introduction to Diversity Studies
- 20809202 Social Problems
- 20809231 General Psychology
- 20809204 Marriage and Family
- 10809199 Psychology of Human Relations
- 20809221 American National Government
- 20809260 Introduction to Philosophy
- 20815200 Introduction to Art History
- 20805227 Music Appreciation
- 10809166 Intro to Ethics: Theory & Application