Veteran Military Center Hours:
Monday: Staff available 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. virtual only, no in person meetings.
Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday: Center is open for in person student meetings from 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Friday: Staff available 9:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m. virtual only, no in person meetings.
Virtual Office Drop in Hours:
Virtual Office Drop in Hours will be available starting March 22, 2021 from 10:00 a.m. Central Time (US and Canada) to 1:30 p.m. Central Time (US and Canada) you can drop in to meet with staff via Zoom.
Meeting ID: 926 4428 4776
Click here to get access to the Zoom Platform: https://zoom.us/
To make an appointment with one of our staff you can call 608-785-9091 or set up a meeting via the links below:
David Vikeras - Benefit Coordinator
Paula Speropulos - Military Credit for Prior Learning Specialist
Jackie Helgeson - Director Veteran Services
The Student Lounge space will remain closed at this time.
Western offers a variety of services to support you on the path to your degree. Whether you are a veteran, active service member, a survivor or dependent of a deceased or disabled veteran, we have resources to help you succeed.
We are honored to provide veterans and/or service members with priority enrollment one day ahead of others of the same enrollment status.
For benefits to be processed, every student using VA benefits must complete the Certification Request Survey every term.
If you’re new to Western or coming back to the college before the term has started, here is helpful checklist for veterans, military, and dependents.
- Review these planning tool sites
- College scorecard
- College navigator
- Student financial guide
- Shopping sheet to determine an estimate of possible aid
- VA comparison tool
- Make an appointment with Western’s Veteran Military Center (VMC) by calling 608-785-9436.
- Complete the college admission process
- Turn in required documents to the VMC
- DD 214 Form 4
- Certificate of Eligibility (COE) for your Federal VA Education Benefit (if you have already applied and been awarded)
- Request military transcripts to be sent to Veteran Military Center
- Complete the Certification Request Survey
- Turn in forms for other benefits
- Complete online application for Wisconsin Veteran Education Reimbursement Grant prior to the start of the term
- (Chapter 1606, 1607, 30) Remember to verify on the last day of each month you attend classes by using the Web Automated Verification of Enrollment (WAVE) Portal
- Review the WAVE guide
- Check benefit status on My Vet Tracker on your Blackboard dashboard. If you don’t see the My Vet Tracker, contact Western’s Veteran Military Center