Our door is always open, even after graduation.
Building Western pride one student at a time, the Alumni Association is committed to keeping you connected long after you've earned your diploma. From alumni events and support for scholarship to helping recruit prospective students, they serve as the connection among alumni, students, staff, and the community.
Whether you were in the class of 2020 or 1980, the Alumni Association is your lasting connection to Western.
The Western Technical College Alumni Association will champion a life-long relationship between Western Technical College and its alumni in support of being the college of first choice in our region.
The Western Technical College Alumni Association celebrates and builds traditions and promotes high quality education by engaging alumni, students, and friends of Western Technical College.
- To further develop an alumni association which supports the mission and goals of Western Technical College and the Foundation.
- Ensure effective communication with alumni.
- Provide opportunities for alumni to network and interact with the college, students, and communities served.
- Engage the alumni constituency by promoting services and support.
- Promote the alumni association and engage current students in order to enhance their educational experience and encourage their involvement as alumni.
- Educate alumni about the value and opportunities for philanthropic support.
- To maintain a responsible and productive alumni association board which sets strategic direction and brings value to the work of the association.
- Recruit enthusiastic and committed board members representing the demographics of Western graduates.
- Foster productive committees to support the purpose of the alumni association and increase alumni engagement.
- Develop high quality and effective programming for alumni.
The Western Alumni Board, in collaboration with the Alumni Office, provides direction for the alumni association, facilitating strong affiliations among alumni, students, staff and community. The board members serve as leaders and role models for other alumni, ensure the mission of the association is maintained, advise the college when requested, are liaisons between the college and its alumni, and serve as ambassadors in their communities.
|Rebecca Bolton||Student Government Rep||Western Technical College|
|Pat Cavadini||'01 Electronic Servicing Tech||Retired - Dairyland Power Cooperative|
|Sally Emerson||Alumni and Foundation Manager||Western Technical College|
|Ellen Gianoli||'92 Supervisory Mgmt||Gundersen Health System|
|Craig Halvorson||'03 CIS Network Specialist||Business Biology / West Salem School District|
|Tim Hyma||'10 Landscape Horticulture||Retired - Sparta Chamber of Commerce|
|Summer Niemeier||'09 Business Mgmt
'99 Commercial Art
|Thorson Graphics LLC|
|Lenora Parr||'10 Respiratory Therapist||VA Medical Center|
|Rachel Reeck||'15 Nursing
'14 Practical Nursing
|Gundersen Health System|
|Mary Jo Stokes||'86 Nursing
'73 Practical Nursing
|Retired - State of Wisconsin Dept. of Health Services|
|Vladimir Tsoy||'11 Electrical & Computer Engineering Technology||Dairyland Power Cooperative|
|Anna Van Loon||'07 Accounting||Fastenal Company|
|Jean Walleser||'80 Medical Records||J & J Farms|
Alumni Board Emeritus Members
- Paul Balmer, '92 Mechanical Design, Fastenal
- Josh Berg, '06 Culinary Management, UW-Stevens Point
- Kathy Brudos, '77 Nursing, Retired - Gundersen Health System
- Chad Dutton, '92 Mechanical Design, ZF TRW
- Jeff Fancher, '81 Electronics and '86 Supervisory Management, Western Technical College
- Patty Fetting, '80 Secretarial Science, Dairyland Power Cooperative
- Tina Flick, '89 Health Unit Clerk and '04 Supervisory Management, Gundersen Health System
- Jessica Frei, '13 Marketing, Bank of Cashton
- Denise Hanrahan-Brown, '85 Respiratory Therapy Technician, Franciscan Healthcare
- Tina Johns, '91 Medical Administrative Specialist, Viterbo University
- Mary Jo Klos, '80 Nursing, Gundersen Health System
- Debbie LeJeune, '97 ITC Computerized Accounting/CIS Microcomputer Spec and '07 Accounting, Hawkins, Ash, Baptie
- Lynn Lenz, '86 Respiratory Therapy Technician, Western Technical College
- Brian Reitzel, '92 Wood Tech, All American Home Inspections
- Kim Ryan, '03 Human Resources-Business Admin, Hiawatha Valley Mental Health Center
- Domanic Scardino, '06 Marketing, Credit Acceptance Corp
- Sandra Schulz, '12 Central Service Tech and '11 Disability Support Spec, Western Technical College
- Cinda Vingers, '77 Secretarial Science and '88 Supervisory Management, Dairyland Power Cooperative
- Bill Welch, '70 Electronics, Retired - Western Technical College
Western's greatest source of pride is the personal and professional achievements of its alumni, those who have gone on to distinguish themselves in their personal and professional lives, representing the best that Western has to offer. Recipients are selected based on demonstration of the following:
- Dedicated service to the community or nation
- Personal growth and achievement
- Professional achievement
- Contributions to the Western district
Nomination forms are due January 30.