Student success is our top priority! The Learning Commons provides library services, tutoring, and college prep programs for Western students. Meet with librarians, specialists, peer tutors, or instructors if you need help finding books or articles for assignments, assistance writing a paper, or help with math or other subjects. We work one-on-one and with small groups to help you gain the skills to succeed in college, jobs and careers, and beyond. The Learning Commons is also a great place to relax between classes, a quiet place to study, and the perfect place to meet with classmates for group projects.
In addition, we are the campus hub for social and emotional support. Access the Cavalier Cupboard food pantry located just inside the main doors, meet with a counselor, find learning support and accommodation services, participate in community activities, or get involved as a volunteer!
Check us out! The Learning Commons will set you up for success!
We offer services face-to-face and virtually.
- The Learning Commons physical space is open for face-to-face academic support, library services, and in-person operations (including the use of study rooms).
- Tutoring is available in alternate formats. To request tutoring or if you have questions about tutoring or tutors: email LearningCommons@westerntc.edu.
- To submit an essay to the Online Writing Center, visit https://www.westerntc.edu/online-writing-center. A video on how to navigate the Online Writing Center is available here: https://youtu.be/llgwpm_5M44. For immediate, in-person writing help, please visit the Writing Center Zoom Room at: https://zoom.us/s/92548269145.
- For the Math Center, please utilize the Math Center Blackboard page for support. Students should have access. If not, please email Julia Callaghan directly.
- Library databases, research guides, and help from a librarian are available online! Please use the Ask a Librarian form or email Library@westerntc.edu with any questions.