We are excited that you have taken the time to learn more about everything Western has to offer for international students. Western provides affordable, quality education and resources to help you succeed. We encourage international students from around the world to apply to one of our many programs.
The steps to become an international student at Western are listed below. We recommend that you begin this process at least 6-12 months before you would like to enroll.
- Choose your degree/technical diploma/certificate
- To decide on a program, check out the options available at Western
- Submit application materials
- Write a letter explaining your intention to return home after completing education at Western
- Submit the application in hard copy form
- Pay the application fee of $100 to the Cashier’s Office (make note that you are applying as an international student)
- Submit your high school/post-secondary transcripts (must be in English)
- Send in your TOELF/IELTS scores (valid up to three years)
- Submit a financial statement
- Provide proof of housing
- Provide proof of health insurance
- Submit a sponsorship form
- Read our general information and use this checklist as a guide
Please submit your materials to:
400 7th Street North
La Crosse, WI 54601
Check out the full international student life cycle (F1/M1).