Parking in Western lots is available on a first-come, first-serve basis with a valid parking permit. To park in any stall in a Western lot on the La Crosse campus, including spots designated for people with disabilities, you will need to purchase a permit. A parking permit gives permission to park on campus but does not necessarily guarantee an available spot.
All permits are available throughout the year in the Student Life Office, Kumm Center, Room 100 or online through the Campus Shop Bookstore. Permits can be purchased by the term or for the full academic year. All permits are non-transferable. Any vehicle parked in Western lots without a valid parking permit will be ticketed. Parking permits are required in all parking lots and the ramp from 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday thru Friday.
- Overnight parking is not permitted in any Western parking lots or the parking ramp, with the exception of the Western Residence Hall lots with valid Residence Hall permit. Unauthorized vehicles parked overnight will be ticketed.
- Students living in the Residence Hall are required to purchase a reserved parking permit that is valid in Residence Hall parking only.
- Student and visitor parking with valid permit is available in all lots except the Residence Hall lots and any specially designated spaces (visitor parking, 15-minute parking, loading, etc.). Employee parking is available in specific lots only. View a parking map to see lot locations.
- Student Parking Permit Costs for 2019-2020:
- Student Annual permit - $35.00
- Student Fall Term or Spring term only permit - $25.00
- Student Summer term only permit - $10.00
- Employee Parking Permit Costs for 2019-2020:
- Employee Annual Permit for lots D, H, K and the parking ramp - $50 for full-time employees, $35.00 for part-time and adjunct employees
- Employee Fall or Spring term only permit - $25.00 (available for part-time and adjunct employees only)
- Employee Summer term only permit - $10.00
- Employee Annual Permit for lot A - $100.00. This permit is also valid in other employee designated lots.
- Day permits are available to park in general lots at a cost of $2 per day.
- If you have an appointment on campus, please check with the Student Success Center for a temporary permit.
Parking is only allowed in valid parking stalls. Vehicles parked in fire lanes and other non-designated spots will be ticketed.
Motorcycles and scooters may park free of charge in designated motorcycle parking areas in lot C only. Motorcycles or scooters parking in regular stalls are required to display a permit. Motorcycle-specific permits are available upon request with the purchase of a parking permit.
Permits are to be hung from the rear view mirror. Failure to properly display permit will result in vehicle being ticketed. There is a $10 replacement fee for lost parking permits.
Because space in the parking lots is limited, many students park on city streets. The parking map shows which streets are pay-to-park, 2-hour free parking and unlimited free parking around campus. If you do park on the city streets, please remember to abide by city parking laws and be respectful of our neighbors.