Hands-on learning in the Computer Support Technician program can lead you to employment as a level-one tech. You’ll learn the necessary skills to install, diagnose, and repair hardware and offer support to computer users in a business environment. The course covers networking, scripting, and server administration.
Estimated Program Cost
IT-Computer Support Technician
This program will cost about $4,400* based on tuition and basic program fees. There may be additional fees for books, materials, and testing. For more information on tuition costs, visit the Tuition Page.
* Tuition and fees are subject to change.
- Living responsibly
- Refining professionalism
- Cultivating passion
- Utilize appropriate application software to facilitate efficient business operations
- Provide entry level technical support for a Help Desk
- Set up and support a basic network
- Install, configure, and support computer hardware and operating systems
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic, utilize time management skills, display initiative, and work cooperatively as part of an effective team
Software and Technology
This program requires specific software and technology to complete classwork. Click here to see the list of items you will need for your courses.
If you do not have access to the items listed for your program, or if the items you have do not meet the requirements, resources may be available. Submit a Student Resource Request using our online form.
Internet access is required to access student accounts from off campus. The Learning Commons can provide information on free, off-campus Wi-Fi spots. Contact them at LearningCommons@westerntc.edu or call 608-785-9198.
For additional specifications, please review Technology and Software Recommendations for Most Classes on Western’s IT Knowledgebase.