Student success is the hallmark of Experience 2025. At Western, student success means the college is student-ready. It means that all employees have the commitment and the capability to serve greater numbers of traditionally underserved students.
The plan’s four strategic directions and corresponding strategic goals align with the College’s key results and are designed to help the College achieve outcomes that place Western in the top 25 percent of WTCS colleges by 2025 (25X25). High-level strategies will guide division, department, and individual growth plans and day-to-day priorities.
First Choice Service
- Increase overall student satisfaction from 69% in 2017 to 75% by 2021.
- Increase FTEs from 3,184 to 3,500 by 2025.
- Implement the Enrollment Journey and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system.
- Use “real time” or “point of service” feedback to respond to stakeholders.
- 100% of employees complete Essential Experience professional development.
- Implement K-12 on-ramps to increase the percent of high school students who transition to Western within the first year.
Workforce and Community Engagement
- Infuse work-based learning and community-based learning in 100% of associate degree and technical diploma programs by 2025.
- Implement a comprehensive workforce sector development strategy by 2021.
- Configure program designs to incorporate an intentional work-based learning experience.
- Configure program designs to incorporate an intentional community-based learning experience.
- Optimize Regional Learning Centers.
- Redesign the Program Mix Analysis process.
Equity, Inclusion, and Support
- Eliminate course completion, retention, and graduation achievement gaps between African American, Hispanic, and Native American students and white students by 2025.
- Increase enrollment of underserved* credit students from X to Y by Z.
- Implement Guided Pathways in all programs.
- Infuse 21st Century teaching and learning practices in all programs and general education disciplines.
- Increase diversity of Western employees.
- Implement an intentional recruitment model to attract greater numbers of underserved* students.
*Underserved to be defined and measured
- Increase engaged employees from 35% in 2017 to Y* by 2025.
- Implement an employee performance evaluation model.
- 100% of managers implement engagement-focused action plans using Gallup Q12 feedback.
- Use transparent communication methods.
*Goal to be set by fall 2018.