Western Technical College’s Equity, Inclusion and Community Engagement department oversees the Cavalier Cupboard. This food pantry is designed to meet the immediate food needs of Western students by providing them with access to non-perishable food items, personal care products, school supplies, diapers, and information on local resources. This service is open to all Western students with a valid student ID. Students will be able to choose their own items each visit based on their household size and needs. We encourage individuals to take enough items to cover one week.
The Cavalier Cupboard is located on the second floor of the Integrated Technology Center, La Crosse campus (on the left before the skywalk).
Cavalier Cupboard Hours
Fall and Spring Terms: Tuesdays, 2:00-4:00 p.m. and Wednesdays, 11:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. and 4:00-6:30 p.m.
Summer Term: Wednesdays, 11:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
The Cavalier Cupboard is affiliated with the Hunger Task Force of La Crosse.
We accept non-perishable food items, hygiene products, cleaning supplies, paper products, baby food and diapers, and school supplies.
Donations can be dropped off in the designated containers in the following locations:
- Student Success Center, Learner Support Services Division
- Student Success Center, Multicultural Center
- Business Education Center, Division Office
- Coleman Center, General Studies Division Office
- Coleman Center, 2nd floor outside of faculty offices
- Coleman Center, 2nd floor computer lab space
- Integrated Technology Center, Division Office
- Kumm Center, Union Market, next to the ATM/Outside of Campus Shop
- Welcome Center, front lobby
Cash or check donations can be dropped off in the Department of Equity, Inclusion, and Community Engagement (Student Success Center, room 222) or in the Western Foundation (Coleman Center, room 130). Donations can also be made online. All monetary donations are tax deductible.