If you need assistance completing the training, logging into Blackboard, or are experiencing other technical difficulties, please contact PCService@westerntc.edu or call 608-789-6266.
Congratulations on your decision to enroll here at Western! We are proud to offer a variety of instructional delivery methods to meet our students’ needs. Whether taking blended/hybrid courses that only meet on campus occasionally, fully online courses, or face-to-face courses, all methods require specific skills for students to be successful. To help you prepare, we have created the Student Readiness Training for Blackboard and Course Delivery Modes that all new incoming students are required to complete.
Follow the steps below to complete this required training. We recommend using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox internet browsers.
- Watch the Getting Started Video (click on the hyperlinked title to access the video) that demonstrates how to login to Blackboard
- After watching the video, login to your Blackboard account by going to http://blackboard.westerntc.edu
- Username: your seven- or nine-digital student ID (all numbers)
- Password: the password you use to log into MyWestern, a campus computer, and your Western Student Email account
- From Blackboard, click on Student Readiness Training under “My Courses” on the right-hand side of the page.
- Read the “Announcements” to get started.
This training will take you approximately 1 hour, however you do not have to complete it all at once. Your progress will be saved as you work through the modules according to your schedule.
Please finish the training prior to the start date of your course(s) to best prepare for your personal success.
Have a great term and thank you for choosing Western!