Our support services that were previously offered in-person, are still available in alternative formats. Online, email, and video conferencing technology are allowing us to connect with students for any needs you may have. Most services will operate from 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m., unless appointments are made outside these hours. Following are the specific services and contact information:
Advisors help with class schedules, academic plans, and other academic issues. They support students throughout their time at Western.
- Contact your assigned advisor directly. You can also call 608-785-9553 to schedule appointments. They are available to meet with you through email, video conferencing, or by phone.
This department provides appropriate accommodations to reduce barriers to learning, including deaf and hard of hearing services and disability services.
- Students with disabilities have the right to reasonable accommodations, regardless of the modality in which classes are delivered.
- Accommodations for students currently registered with Access Services remain in place. Students may also request new or changed accommodations.
- If the new instructional formats create learning barriers for you, email firstname.lastname@example.org for information about available accommodations.
This department can help students find a career path that fits your interests. They also connect students with jobs and help you prepare for the job market.
- Staff members will be meeting via videoconference, email, or by phone. Make an appointment by contacting email@example.com or 608-785-9440.
- We are distributing non-perishable food bags, hygiene items, diapers, wipes, coupons, and face masks via a drive up/walk up service each week.
- Find out hours of operation at www.westerntc.edu/food-pantry.
- Email CavalierCupboard@westerntc.edu with your questions.
Counselors can assist with the personal, academic, and career barriers and crises that can affect student success.
- To make an appointment email firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name and best phone number to reach you. A counselor will respond via email, within 24 hours, to schedule a time to connect. If you already have an established relationship with a Western Counselor, please feel free to email them directly.
- For any immediate mental health needs after hours, please call Great Rivers 211 (1-800-362-8255). In the case of an extreme emergency, call 911.
- If you are facing unforeseen financial or personal barriers, the Student Resource Request form will connect you with our case manager or financial literacy coordinator.
Find out about available funding options and other financial services.
- Financial aid staff is available to assist students virtually between 7:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. To contact financial aid, either email email@example.com or call 608-785-9579 and leave a voicemail. When leaving a voicemail, include your name, student ID and email address.
- Students needing to submit documents can either upload the documents to MyFinAid, fax the documents to 608-789-4760, or mail the documents to Financial Aid Resource and Planning Services, Student Success Center, Room 101 400 7th Street North La Crosse, WI 54601.
- Financial aid will continue process on a typical schedule. For the fall term, the first disbursement will occur the fifth week of the term, afterwards refunds will disburse weekly.
This is a one-stop-shop for student academic support.
- For Online Writing Center assistance, use the submission form on www.westerntc.edu/online-writing-center.
- Math Center assistance is available on Blackboard Collaborate. If you are unable to access this platform, email Julia Callaghan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Peer Tutors will work digitally/virtually with students on any subject; email LearningCommons@westerntc.edu.
- The majority of library resources and services are already online and will continue as normal. Any questions on library needs, please email LibraryReference@westerntc.edu or Library@westerntc.edu.
- Find the Learning Commons-Library Online in your list of courses on Blackboard.
- Email the Learning Commons with your questions.
The Multicultural Center provides a supportive social and learning environment for students, tailored academic assistance, referrals to Western’s services, and a friendly, supportive environment. Community Engagement helps connect students with community organizations for volunteer and educational experiences.
- The Multicultural Center is still here to support and encourage your success. Contact Terrelle Wilson at email@example.com if you’d like to talk by email, on the phone, or schedule a virtual meeting.
- There are still ways you can be supporting your community and be socially connected virtually to others. Check out www.westerntc.edu/Ugetconnected for ideas. This is also the site you use to track your service hours and download your service resume. Login using your Western credentials. If you have questions about community engagement, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get answers to general questions as well as information on student IDs, parking, residence hall, student government/clubs, etc.
- Contact via email email@example.com or leave a message at 608-785-9445, and someone from the office will get back to you.
For military veterans, active service members, survivors or dependents of a deceased or disabled veteran, we have resources to help you succeed.
- GI Bill benefits will continue uninterrupted during the COVID-19 pandemic. Students using benefits should complete the Certification Request Survey to ensure funding is in place.
- VA updates will be provided to students via direct email campaigns and social media. Students with specific questions can contact the VA Education Call Center at: 888-442-4551 between 8:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m. Eastern Time, Monday-Friday.
- Contact the staff in the Veteran Military Center Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. at email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 608-785-9436. Important announcements and updates will also be shared on blackboard, Myvettracker.
Please do not hesitate to reach out to these services areas. They are eager to support you through this transition. You can do this, and we can help!