Do you have a talent for keeping projects and information organized? As a medical administrative professional, you would play a big role in keeping a medical office operating smoothly and efficiently. This program prepares you to supervise primary business-related tasks including scheduling appointments, registering patients, answering telephones, medical billing and completing insurance claims, preparing business correspondence, transcribing dictation, and maintaining medical records.
There are many career opportunities in hospitals, clinics (medical, vision, chiropractic, and dental), insurance companies, rehabilitation facilities, and skilled nursing facilities.
Courses are offered in a convenient online format.
Estimated Program Cost
Medical Administrative Professional
This program will cost about $9,700* based on tuition and basic program fees. There may be additional fees for books, materials, and testing. For more information on tuition costs, visit the Tuition Page.
* Tuition and fees are subject to change.
- Living responsibly
- Refining professionalism
- Cultivating passion
- Perform financial practices through analysis of payer data and reimbursement methods
- Demonstrate professionalism in a healthcare setting
- Apply technology to administrative functions in a healthcare-related setting
- Apply HIPAA, federal and state law, and regulatory compliance in business health practices
- Use medical terminology and knowledge of the human body systems in performing essential functions of health business environment
Software and Technology
This program requires specific software and technology to complete classwork. Click here to see the list of items you will need for your courses.
If you do not have access to the items listed for your program, or if the items you have do not meet the requirements, resources may be available. Submit a Student Resource Request using our online form.
Internet access is required to access student accounts from off campus. The Learning Commons can provide information on free, off-campus Wi-Fi spots. Contact them at LearningCommons@westerntc.edu or call 608-785-9198.
For additional specifications, please review Technology and Software Recommendations for Most Classes on Western’s IT Knowledgebase.